Friends’ Home Page
Current Friends of the Library President: Stephanie White
The Friends hold used book sales each Thursday from 11:00-3:30, and Saturday sales June 18, Sept 17, and Dec 17 from 9:30-12:45. Masks are available, and unvaccinated visitors are asked to wear one.
BECOME A FRIEND!
membership application form
No time for the sale? No problem! The Friends are now offering “grab bags” for $3.00 in addition to the individual titles they were already offering for $3.00 each. Come by the Walhalla Main Branch and take a $3.00 bag home today! (Bags cannot be opened in advance. You just pick a genre and get a selection of high quality books in that category.) Ask the staff inside the inner door at the service desk for assistance.
NEXT USED BOOK SALE: each Thursday, 11:00-3:30;
quarterly sales on Saturdays (June 18, Sept 17, and Dec 17), 9:30-12:45
Opportunity to help the Friends through Amazon Smiles
Next time you want to order from Amazon.com, instead order through their satellite site Smile.Amazon.com, and they will donate 0.5% of the price to FOL!
If you go to https://smile.amazon.com/ch/57-0810157, then our FOL is preselected and “Supporting: Oconee County Friends of the Library” will show up directly under the search bar. All your regular Amazon account information and Wish List will still be active. Or you can go to amazon.com and in the search bar type in AmazonSmile. It will ask you to select a charity, so select Oconee County Friends of the Library (The one in South Carolina). Once you’ve done that you don’t have to repeat it as the web site smile.amazon will take you there automatically.
ABOUT THE FRIENDS
The Oconee County Friends of the Library was organized in 1985. It is a 501(c)(3) organization of volunteers dedicated to serving the Oconee County Public Library System. All activities are undertaken for the purpose of contributing financial and volunteer assistance to supplement the library’s resources, support library programs and stimulate community awareness, use and involvement with the Library.
What do the Friends do?
- The Friends of the Library supplement the Oconee County Public Library funds used to purchase . . .
- Books (printed, audio and e-books) and other audio-visual materials.
- Children’s and Teens’ summer reading programs, and the Adult Summer Reading Program – including guest appearances, performances, programs and awards.
- Furnishings and accessories.
- The Friends sponsor discussion groups . . .
- The Friends organize . . .
- Used Book sales that help fund the purchase of new books for the libraries. (Held every Thursday at the Walhalla Library.)
- Free Family Movie specials and outreach programs at all branch libraries.
- The Friends provide assistance for special library programs and other services when requested.
- The Friends steward (supply and maintain) seven Little Free Libraries: Fair Play Presbyterian Church, High Falls County Park, Lake Hartwell State Park, Long Creek Post Office, Sloan Street Apartments in Seneca, South Cove County Park, and West-Oak High School.
Let’s Talk About It