Friends’ Home Page
NEXT USED BOOK SALE: postponed until July, 2020
Full calendar of 2020 Sales: BookSaleCalendar2020
membership application form
Opportunity to help the Friends through Amazon Smiles
Next time you want to order from Amazon.com, instead order through their satellite site Smile.Amazon.com, and they will donate 0.5% of the price to FOL!
If you go to https://smile.amazon.com/ch/57-0810157, then our FOL is preselected and “Supporting: Oconee County Friends of the Library” will show up directly under the search bar. All your regular Amazon account information and Wish List will still be active. Or you can go to amazon.com and in the search bar type in AmazonSmile. It will ask you to select a charity, so select Oconee County Friends of the Library (The one in South Carolina). Once you’ve done that you don’t have to repeat it as the web site smile.amazon will take you there automatically.
The Oconee County Friends of the Library was organized in 1985. It is a 501(c)(3) organization of volunteers dedicated to serving the Oconee County Public Library System. All activities are undertaken for the purpose of contributing financial and volunteer assistance to supplement the library’s resources, support library programs and stimulate community awareness, use and involvement with the Library.
What do the Friends do?
- The Friends of the Library supplement the Oconee County Public Library funds used to purchase . . .
- Books (printed, audio and e-books) and other audio-visual materials.
- Children’s and Teens’ summer reading programs, and the Adult Summer Reading Program – including guest appearances, performances, programs and awards.
- Furnishings and accessories.
- The Friends sponsor discussion groups . . .
- The Friends organize . . .
- Used Book sales that help fund the purchase of new books for the libraries. (Held the second Thursday of every month at the Walhalla Library. In addition, Saturday sales are held three to four times a year.)
- Free Family Movie specials and outreach programs at all branch libraries.
- The Friends provide assistance for special library programs and other services when requested.
- The Friends steward (supply and maintain) seven Little Free Libraries: Fair Play Presbyterian Church, High Falls County Park, Lake Hartwell State Park, Long Creek Post Office, Sloan Street Apartments in Seneca, South Cove County Park, and West-Oak High School.
Let’s Talk About It, Spring, 2020
All materials will be available at Seneca before the first session. We suggest calling first to check with the library (882-4855).
All materials must be returned after the last session.
Rich in Love by Josephine Humphreys; Discussion: Feb. 24 with Prof.
Georgia McGown; Movie: 3/16
Clover by Dori Sanders; Discussion: 4/6 with Prof. Kathleen Nalley; Movie: 4/27
Serena by Ron Rash; Discussion: 5/18 with Prof. Cameron Bushnell; Movie: 6/8