We appreciate your desire to support our Library by donating books or other materials! Please view our policy below or call your local branch for more information.
Donations are accepted at any of our library branches
2 Boxes or Less:
Smaller donations of 2 boxes or less may be made any day at your local Oconee County Library branch during open hours. Notify a staff member when leaving items and make sure these donations are in boxes that the library may keep. Please note: Never leave items outside where they could suffer damage or pose a safety hazard.
More Than 2 Boxes:
Donations of 2 or more boxes must be made in Walhalla on Thursdays between 10:30 AM and 3:30 PM at the Library Basement Entrance. These are also the hours of the Friends of the Library weekly book sale.
Items Not Accepted
- Items with significant foxing (brown/yellow spots on pages)
- Items that are damaged, including water/liquid (wrinkled
pages), stain, tear, dirt, mold.
- Items that have a strong odor or musty smell
- Items with significant writing, underlining, and/or highlighting
- Items with identifying information inside, such as address labels
It is understood that all items are given freely without conditions attached and all donated materials will be kept or disposed of as seen fit by Friends of the Library. We make a tremendous effort to find homes for the items received.