Meeting Spaces at the OCPL
The Oconee County Library System makes its meeting rooms available to local community groups or organizations devoted to educational, cultural or community welfare activities under non-profit and non-sectarian sponsorship whose purpose is not illegal, subject to the following regulations:
1. Meetings, programs and exhibits must be open to the public except for organized clubs, which may restrict their meetings to members only.
2. Behavior of all participants using a meeting room must be in accordance with OCPL Code of Conduct. The Library reserves the right to monitor the meeting and revoke the privileges of any group that violates the Code of Conduct.
3. There will be no fee for the use of the room.
4. Any group using the facility will be responsible for maintaining order and for seeing that the rooms are neat and clean at the conclusion of the meeting.
5. If the Library determines that special clean-up is required, a fee may be charged.
6. Groups are liable for any damage to the building, furniture or equipment.
7. Reservations and cancellations shall be made in advance. Any group may be asked to re-schedule a meeting if the Library Director determines that such re-scheduling is necessary in the Library’s interest.
8. No admission may be charged and no donations or collections other than organizational dues may be taken. Tuition and fees may be charged for educational courses that are approved by the Library.
9. Meeting Rooms will be available for public use only during regular operating hours of the respective branches.
10. Children and youth groups must be adequately supervised by adults and must conform to the OCPL Library System Code of Conduct.
11. The Library will not be responsible for the security of an exhibit or other items. The Library will not provide porter service to load and unload materials or equipment.
12. Light refreshments, but no alcoholic beverages, may be served. No kitchen facilities are available for use. All trash and garbage shall be removed from Library property.
13. No smoking or other tobacco use is allowed in any part of the Library.
14. Facilities and equipment may vary with each location. Any request for available equipment must be made at the time the room is booked.
15. Use of the meeting rooms for book signings by authors with sale of that author’s books will be permitted at the discretion of the Library Board and/or the Library Director. Any that are sponsored by the Friends of the Library will be allowed.
Use of the meeting room is assigned on a first come/first served basis. The Director will resolve problems developing from this, with priority as follows:
1. Users and groups directly related to the Library and the operation of the Library;
2. Departments or agencies of the municipal or county governments;
3. Community organizations formed for educational, cultural, and civic purposes as may be approved by the Director;
Granting permission to use Library facilities does not constitute an endorsement of the group or organization by the Oconee County Library System, its Board of Trustees, or the County Council of Oconee County, South Carolina.