Working for the OCPL
FULL TIME POSITIONS
Technical Services Librarian
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL: JANUARY 24TH @ 3:00 PM
Master’s degree in Library Science/Library and Information Science required.
The purpose of this position is to oversee the management, classification, and cataloging of library materials according to relevant bibliographic control standards, and to ensure patrons and staff have optimum access to the collection. Provide expertise to patrons and staff regarding the retrieval of information, demonstrating the impact and value of the library to the community. Coordinate with multiple network services vendors and county IT Department to troubleshoot and resolved access issues. Facilitate the circulation of library materials and maintain statistics and records. Provide supervision to employees and staff in the absence of the Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Oversee processing and cataloging of all materials.
- Supervise the Technical Services department.
- Serve as System liaison with vendors supplying network services.
- Supervise purchase of library materials in various subjects and formats.
- Coordinate original cataloging.
- Perform circulation and reader’s advisory duties as required.
- Prepare reports for internal and external use.
- Order materials and supplies as needed.
- Provide training for staff and patrons.
- Attend staff, committee, county, and community meetings as they occur.
- Create manuals with cataloging and inventory data.
- Participate in grant writing.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.
Additional duties include:
Will be required to work nights and weekends. Will also work assigned times at the public service desk.
Go to https://oconeesc.com/human-resources-home/job-opportunities to apply.
PART TIME OPPORTUNITIES
22.5 hours per week, $8.28 per hour
Must have diploma or GED
Prefer customer service or library experience, and experience with basic computing and applications
Must be available for some nights and weekends
Apply to Staffmark at mystaffmark.com, and make sure to note it is for the Walhalla Library position.