Working for the OCPL
FULL TIME POSITIONS
Youth Services Librarian–apply here: https://oconeesc.com/human-resources-home/job-opportunities
Please submit resume and letter of interest as well as complete application.
The purpose of this position is to initiate and manage services and programs for the Youth Library Services Department in accordance with the County’s Library System policies. Train, support, and provide advice to interns and volunteers working with youth. Provide reader’s advisory, reference, and other assistance to patrons. The Manager makes professional technical decisions, and must possess extensive knowledge and skills in relation to children’s and youth library services.
Must be able to work nights and weekends.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of public library functions;
· Considerable knowledge of the needs and abilities of children and young adults and the available library materials and services;
· Good knowledge of the principles and practices of public administration as applied to a major library service;
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing;
· Good managerial and supervisory skills;
· Considerable skills in making decisions and developing programs;
· Good interpersonal and customer service skills;
· Knowledge in the use of computers and software programs;
· Ability to retain a valid S.C. driver’s license;
· Extensive skills in operating library essential tools and equipment;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The educational requirement for this position is: Completion of Master’s degree in Library Science.
Education may be substituted for experience.
Related-experience required: 3 years.
Experience may not be substituted for education.
PART TIME OPPORTUNITIES
None at this time.