Working for the OCPL
FULL TIME POSITIONS
TECHNICAL SERVICES LIBRARIAN
For full description, and to apply, click this link: http://www.oconeesc.com/JobOpenings.aspx
Please attach resume and letter of interest
Accepting Applications until March 16th @ 4:00 pm
The purpose of this position is to manage, classify, and catalog library materials according to relevant bibliographic control standards, and to ensure patrons and staff have optimum access to the collection. Provide expertise to patrons and staff regarding the retrieval of information, demonstrating the impact and value of the library to the community. Facilitate the circulation of library materials and maintain statistics and records. Provide supervision to employees and staff in the absence of the Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Oversee processing and cataloging of all materials.
- Supervise the Technical Services department.
- Serve as System liaision with TLC. (The Library Corporation)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervise purchases of library materials in various subjects and formats.
- Coordinate original cataloging.
- Perform circulation and reader’s advisory duties as required.
- Prepare reports for internal and external use.
- Order materials and supplies as needed.
- Provide training for staff and patrons.
- Attend staff, committee, county, and community meetings as they occur.
- Coordinate and maintain records of donations.
- Provide ILL service to an additional library branch.
- Create manuals with cataloging and inventory data.
- Participate in Grant writing
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.
Additional duties include:
May be required to work nights and weekends. Will also work assigned times at the public service desk.
NOTE: Master’s Degree in Library Science required. 2 years experience preferred. Familiarity with TCL ILS preferred.
PART TIME OPPORTUNITIES
None at this time.